Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Touching Work Out finale

This post is brought to you by HyperStrike.
Get Fit Fast! Start 14 Day Free Trial Today!

The season finale was not only touching but inspiring in more ways than one. I actually found myself with tears a couple of times, either from happiness or sadness.

The trainers were finally able to bring some closure to Doug's passing. They shared memories of what he did for them, but mostly about what a loving and caring man he was. Brian shared the principles by which Doug lived by:

Just for today, do not worry.
Just for today, do not anger.
Honor your parents, teachers, and elders.
Earn your living honesty.
Show gratitude to all living things.
--from the principles of Reiki


I was inspired by the positive changes the Skylab clients made. With the exception of Kiki of course. I couldn't believe what she was doing. She made excuses for not taking advantage of a tremendous opportunity. I know there are lots of people, me included, who would jump at the opportunity Jackie offered. But no, Kiki was too busy, had more important things to do. Let me tell you, ten years from now, she'll be kicking herself for not trying, when her physical health will keep her from doing what she 'thinks' is important now. Okay, off of my soapbox now.

Let's focus on the other Skylab clients. You know, the ones that tried and actually made huge strides in achieving their goals. Every one of them inspired me. I've always been athletic and involved in sports or activity. But these folks, who didn't come from that background, some had health issues as well, came in there, day in and day out, and gave it all they had. You could see the change, not only in their physical bodies, but in their demeanor, their attitude and their self esteem. Jackie and the trainers gave those people hope. And that is the most inspiring thing of all. Great job guys, you are fabulous!

The rest..

We saw a bit of Rebecca's jealous streak, but it wasn't really all that bad. Believe me, I've seen much worse. But, the whole Jackie and Rebecca thing still doesn't sit well with me. Sure, Rebecca's hot, but she's also Jackie's employee. I think any discomfort or anger the trainers have is justified. How would you feel if you're boss started dating one of your co-workers? And, regardless of what Jackie says, she is treating Rebecca differently than the other trainers. The fact that Jackie had to go out of her way to have Brian watch the gym while she visited her mom says something.

Brian training Cheo, that was touching. When Brian mentioned the humming bird thing, that threw me back a bit. Cheo just broke down at that moment. He was trying to be strong, but at that moment, he couldn't help but cry. Doug was a special person, and both of them realized they'd never be the same. The good in all of that is that Cheo and Brian have developed a special bond.

You know, I haven't liked Jesse much this season. He just came off as a selfish and immature little boy who is full of himself. I still think he is, but I have to admit that I admired him for making the attempt to rearrange his priorities. Especially when he traveled to hear his friend sing the national anthem at the NBA All-Star game in Las Vegas. Then, I saw a preview of the reunion episode and I was reminded why I don't like him.

Speaking of reunion, is it just me, or is Bravo milking the show? Isn't a reunion for folks who haven't seen each other in a while? These guys are all trainers at the same gym, they see each other every day. I hate the fact that I will probably watch the reunion episode. I know, I can't help it. I love the 97% drama. Don't you?

No comments: