Monday, April 30, 2007

Rumors: The May 1st episode of Work Out Season 2 will bring bad news

Fans of the show are aware that Doug Blasdell, one of the most endearing trainers on Work Out, passed away in January. It's been a difficult task trying to find information on what happened, how he passed, and why the show and Bravo are mum on the subject.

To be honest, I admire and respect the fact that Jackie and Bravo have decided not to capitalize on such a tragic situation. Most folks, when given time in the limelight, would fork over the details for ratings. But not Jackie. Not Bravo. I for one admire that. Kudos.

What's not surprising, however, is the affect the silence has had to loyal viewers. It's not confirmed of course, but I believe the decision by Jackie to not exploit Doug's untimely passing, has actually increased the show's viewership. I know I've been glued to my tv each Tuesday night in hopes of finding out what actually happened to dear Doug, all the while knowing the end. An eerie feeling I'm sure you all are familiar with.

Well, tomorrow night's episode will bring all this to light. The Sky Lab team will get some bad news. And the public will finally here the words we've been waiting for. "He's gone." Why is it that, knowing what has happened, we are still anxious and enthralled by this? I'm sure it's different for some. For me, after getting to know the Sky Lab team, I want to see how they dealt with it. How they reacted. I know. It's selfish isn't it. But it's true. Funny how I didn't even know Doug, but I want to have the opportunity to say goodbye.

3 comments:

mego said...

i know i just hate it when someone dies....even though you don't know them like many of us didn't know doug we still want to say good-bye b/c alot of us looked up to him and will miss him forever.

Emma said...

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

reps said...

Me and my wife were so shocked and sad to find out about Doug.He seemed like such a nice genuine guy,its such a shame to lose him so young.We had no idea he passed away in Jan. he will be missed.